Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Genises....


Well, I am not going to discuss the theological reference of the word just YET.

I just thought that the title is very relevant since this is my very first post in my brand new blog, which will discuss and debate various theological, psychological and philosophical topics.

I always thought that if you want to decipher the codes of a certain written or spoken statement, you will have to understand the background of its originator, so that the circumstances and the motives that give birth to such views can be relevantly understood.

I will make this a little easier for you my dear readers and hopefully participants in the many discussions to come.

I was born in Cairo, Egypt to a small Sunni Muslim family. I could say we were always financially comfortable, however since a very young age I sought financial independence.

I always felt like a fish out of water in Egypt. Although I loved Egypt and by that I mean our real ancient Egyptian heritage and real identity that were lost due the barbaric Arabic-Islamic invasion in Egypt, I never really agreed with the general consented traditions, conduct and above all belief system.

I got a little religious when I was around 13, but by the age of 17 I have figured out the entire plot! I neglected Islam and started my research into all religions known to man, every single statement said by a Philosopher and each single theory developed by a Psychologist or a Scientist.

I was going nuts....I really wanted to know.....I needed answers to keep going!

I left Egypt and Islam all together....I have been studying, living and working in Western countries since 1993....

I am a Linguist who is proficient in Arabic, English, German, Spanish, Italian and French....I have also made a reasonable progress in Hebrew and Latin.

Our manipulation of the word since we started to communicate using languages has been dramatic to say the least....and to know the word, you need to understand the real meaning of the word.....

Over the next few weeks, I will discuss matters that concern all humanity and our intellectual evolution as part of life.

I look forward to chatting with each and everyone of you.

All_Brains

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, starting a blog are you?

Well you can link to my blog and I will link to yours you'll get loads of traffic coming to your blog from mine.

write and article about my blog and post that will get you lots of hits.

Good look with the blog.

Nasser said...

Congratulation,
I'm looking to read more from you.

All_Brains said...

Thanks Sona.

I will consider your offer and will post in your blog. I believe people can benefit from our contrasting point of views and can make up there own minds.

All_Brains said...

Thanks Nasser...and I look forward to you point of views too!

Cosmic Dancer said...

Hi,

You said: "Although I loved Egypt and by that I mean our real ancient Egyptian heritage and real identity that were lost due the barbaric Arabic-Islamic invasion in Egypt"

Isn't that a little unbabalanced?

Aren't there any apostates who don't hate everything about Islam and Muslims and Arabs.

Aren't there any balanced and moderate apostates?

This is what really puts me off from wanting to associate myself with the apostates I have met online. (and makes me a little suspicious about them)

Egypt is also part of my heritage and I see it all as part of my heritage and I don't see one part as being all bad (nor another as being all good).

I don't see much love or compassion from apostates - only anger and hatred.

Is that what rejecting Islam has given you?

Hassan

All_Brains said...

Hello Hassan

Thank you for your comment.

I don't really see the imbalance in my comments. I love Egypt as my country of birth and its great ancient and original civilisation.

In the meantime I dislike the foreign Arabic-Islamic one that entered Egypt and changed the religion, the traditions and our language.

I am not angry, as this was never an emotional decision. It's based on rational and intellectual reasoning.

I also still have many Muslim friends and family members and I don't hate them. I am constantly try to debate with them, that they have been brain washed.

I am not an angry man, I am very rational one.

There is plenty of good stuff in Islam, but good stuff that a 10th grader can find out by him/her self!

Like be good to your neighbor, to the orphans and to your parents...Did we need a God, a message and a messenger to tell us that?

By the same token why did not that very same God abolish slavery and sex with right-hand possessions???

How about you...Are you religious? And do you have answers to the above?

Cosmic Dancer said...

No I'm not religious - anymore.

I used to be. But now I reject all religions.

I just find some people who do this go to yet another extreme. I want to make sure I keep my sense of persepctive.

Hassan

All_Brains said...

Thanks Hassan.

Could you please share why did you leave Islam.

Cosmic Dancer said...

I don't want to go into all that now.

Could we stay with the subject of balance and perspective?

If nothing else can't you admire the many beautiful mosques and architecture of Egypts Islamic heritage - just as much as the pyramids?

I also have English heritage going back to the (pagan) Celts. But it doesn't make me despise the Christian heritage of the UK or not appreciate the fine cathedrals.

Such a lack of balance does nothing for the ideas you wish to convey.

All_Brains said...

Hassan

From where did you get the notion that I hate Islamic architecture?

And why do you keep repeating that I am a hater.

I don't hate the mosque, for it does not kill people's intellect every single day.

I don't agree with the Islamic dogma, I reject that fact that it's from the one true God.

For the last time...I don't hate the people who are deluded by Islam..That's why I am here, I am trying to help them.

Maybe it's time for you to move from sitting on the fence and adopt a clear stand on the situation at hand.

You adopt a strange concept whereby you advocate that a certain killer has a very nice and elegant suit and therefore I shouldn't be all negative and should at least admire the suit!!!

Well, I don't really care for the suit....I am fighting the killer!

Cosmic Dancer said...

I am very clear about what I believe. I don't believe in Islam.

I am also clear that Islam has done a great deal of harm.

So has Christianity, Judaism, the blood loving Druids (Celtic priests), the tyrannical and brutal Pharoahs etc...

But although I don't believe in all those things I can appreciate aspects about their culture and even philopsophy - albiet as one enjoys viewing artifacts in a museum.

What I don't understand is the extreme hatred towards Islam.

All_Brains said...

Sure Hassan.

Point taken on board and I agree with you there that the same story has been repeared throughout history.

All religions have done significant damage, but I must remind you that they were self-inflected...still many artistic results should be celeberated for what they are.

I am calling against all religions, ignorance and myths that hinder the advancement of our civilisation...

Meantime, I hold dearly the beautiful creation of mankind in terms of arts and science.

Cosmic Dancer said...

Then I am with you :)

Cosmic Dancer said...

Hi All Brains,

Thanks for your comment. I will respond a little more later. But some issues about Islam troubled me for a long time. The more I tried to reconcile them with my own mind; with reason and logic, they just made no sense to me.

At first I tried calling for reform. But the arguments of the apologists only put me off even more.

The more I looked at Islam with honesty and without emotional attachment, the less I believed. Eventually I knew I was no longer a Muslim.

All_Brains said...

Hello Hassan

My moderate apostate! I am really glad to have someone as thoughtful as you are and obviously appreciative of humanity and the good side of things.

Thanks for making me see things from a slightly different angle.

I look forward to your contribution in my and YOUR blog.

Regards
All_Brains

Anonymous said...

Hi All Brains,

Good to see that you have a very promising blog. With Sona and Hassan commenting here you have a strange polarity to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Hi All Brains,

Good to see that you have a very promising blog. With Sona and Hassan commenting here you have a strange polarity to deal with.

All_Brains said...

Hello Ansar Al-Zindiki

Thank you for the encouraging words.

Regards
All_Brains